Counterflow Pellet Cooler for Cooling Hot Pellets
Pellet cooling process is often taken for granted in pellet production line. Hot pellets from pellet making machine are still soft and easily broken, which can result in a high percentage of fines. By cooling pellets can be harden due to evaporation of water and temperature being reduced to about 5℃ above ambient temperature, which is economical and convenient for pellet storage and transportation. Counter flow cooler is cooling type that commonly used in pellet industry currently with the direction of the air and product of pellets in opposing directions. Here Azeus can offer different capacities of counterflow pellet cooler for small, medium and large size pellet production line.
Features of Pellet Cooler
1. The pellet cooler takes advantage of counter current cooling principle to cool the pellet material with high temperature & high humidity. It can avoid the shock cooling phenomenon when the cold air contacts with the hot material, thus can prevent the pellet appearance generating crazings.
2. Cooling tank adopts octagon design, which can ensure the cooling has no dead angles.
3. Adopt air-closed material feeder, large inlet air area, outstanding cooling effect.
4. The material discharging device adopts slide valve reciprocating type, stable and reliable running, little residual.
5. The cooled feed pellets temperature won’t be higher than ambient temperature + 3~5℃, also suitable for cooling particle material
6. High cooling speed and favorable cooling effect. The counterflow pellets cooler can cool more pellets while maintaining optimum pellet quality.
7. Lower power consumption, easy operation and cleaning, high production efficiency.
Whole Structure of Feed Cooler
Working Principle of Counterflow Pellet CoolerIn cooling two processes take place: heat transfer and moisture transfer.Hot pellets enter the cooling bin through the inlet rotary valve. Underneath the inlet rotary valve, a distributor ensures even distribution of pellets in the cooler. The pellets is being cooled in the bin by air flow, which enters the bin through the discharge gate and leaves the bin through the air outlet. Pellets layer height is controlled by a level sensor. The level sensor ensures that the product layer is kept at a predetermined height. As soon as pellets activate the level sensor, the pendulum discharger is operated and pellets are discharged through the hopper. Discharging stops as soon as the product gets below the level sensor. In order to prevent overflow, the cooler has been provided with an overflow sensor, which stops product supply to the cooler.Notice that: Cooling should be a gradual process. Pellets are cooled too quickly or for too long period, which both can lead to higher abrasion. Moreover, small pellets emit heat and moisture more quickly than large pellets.
Reprint the blog article, if there is infringement, please inform the specific article link
PRE:Professional fish feed machine line exports to Uganda